Friday, 13 March 2015

Job Allocations

Ellie Rose Films

For the production of my Final Major Project, I have decided to acquire some help from experienced media students on my course. From this I have formulated a team to assist me throughout production. I will manage my team in a professional manner complying the roles of a Production Manager.

Production Manager - Ellie Ireland

As Production Manager I will take on a number of responsibilities. Production Managers are responsible for a number of key elements of productions. These include overseeing the entire process from conception to completion, drawing up a schedule, quality control and reviewing/motivating a production team. I will complete all of these tasks to the best of my ability to ensure my finished project is of a professional standard.


  • overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
  • ensuring that the production is cost effective;
  • making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
  • working out the human and material resources needed;
  • drafting a timescale for the job;
  • estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
  • monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
  • being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
  • monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
  • liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
  • working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
  • ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
  • supervising and motivating a team of workers;
  • reviewing worker performance;
  • identifying training needs.

  • Production Assistant - Rachael Barron

    Rachael will work as Production Assistant alongside me to help me complete my project.   I have chosen to give her this job as she has proven to be hardworking, and has near-professional skills in video production and editing. I know she is reliable, and can keep to prompt deadlines. Her responsibilities will include assisting with camera work, audio recording and editing. As this is my project, she will not take on the usual roles of a production assistant (i.e booking of locations, organising interviews, organising schedules..) as I will complete them, but will help with the more practical roles when needed.
    • clearing copyrights
    • booking studios, production equipment, performance and production staff
    • liaising with a wide range of people
    • organising meetings and interviews
    • preparing and distributing briefing notes and scripts
    • organising schedules and contracts
    • overseeing cues, timings and continuity during recording
    • budgeting




    No comments:

    Post a Comment