On Wednesday 25th February, I had my second shooting date for my video. This date was scheduled as a follow up from my first shooting date (23rd Feb) to complete a few final shots that we didn't have time to film.
One of the shots completed on this date was a multi camera shot - one for visuals, another using an external microphone to record the voice of Mr Jarrett as he sings through one of the video's only scripted shots. This technique had previously been used on our first shooting date to record both the scripted opening and ending of the video.
I think that this short second shooting opportunity went really well, and that the technique used with the two microphones worked to our advantage. It was quite difficult to achieve this effect with only myself present, as it was a multi-camera production which needed a fairly precise plan to be stuck to. However, with the help of my client and the utmost co-operation of the participants that the planned shoot went ahead smoothly and I achieved the exact effect I hoped for.
If I was to shoot a scene of this style again, I would definitely schedule other members of my production team to be present as I think their help would have been valuable.
No comments:
Post a Comment