Thursday, 12 March 2015

Third Shooting Date - 11th March 2015

On the 11th March 2015, I began shooting for my documentary edit.
Primarily this shoot date was used for conducting participant interviews.

I was joined by Rachael who helped me with the sound recording for the interviews. Over 3 hours we successfully completed interviews with loads of the students involved, and the members of staff at the school who were also involved with the World Book Day celebrations.

I feel that these interviews went very well. We managed to vary shot types and styles throughout, which means for a more interesting edit. We also managed to keep the lighting consistent which will also help my edit flow smoother visually. The use of the external boom mic meant that we could pick up clear speech and avoid capturing sound from the busy school around us.

However, if I were to conduct these interviews again I would experiment more with focus and depth of field in the background. However, due to the small time frame we had to film these interviews it was simply safer to stick to the method we used.

No comments:

Post a Comment