Altogether, I am very pleased with how my Final Major Project turned out.
I feel that my video had a great impact. Students within the school have taken to the final film really well. Throughout the filming process they were very actively involved, and were constantly asking me questions about how it was going. I was blown away by their enthusiasm and willingness to help. They have all made comments on how they would love to create a similar video for other activities that take place within the school. A number of staff have suggested playing the video in the Library throughout the day for students, parents and visitors to the school to watch. Since this project, I have also been asked back to the school to complete various other media projects. It has given me a number of connections and possible future creative work.
Throughout the duration of my project, I took on the role of 'Production Manager.' This gave me a number of responsibilities. I was singlehandedly managing every aspect of the pre-production, production and post-production process. I feel that I took on this role well, handling each situation in a professional manner. I spent a lot of my free time working on content for my blog, adding more research and development to try and boost my portfolio and give my audience an insight into the making of the project. I have had a real-life experience into exactly how much hard work it takes to complete a project for an real client. It has definitely made me consider moving onto this kind of work in the future.
I had a number of technical issues along the way during my production process. From sound issues to video quality issues, I managed to quickly solve them with the help of my peers and tutors. I documented any of these difficulties along the way on my blog, to evidence my ability to work through any problems. I feel proud that I managed to tackle these technical problems with such ease.
Once finished, I feel that my video had a very professional look. I was pleased with how I was able to use the tools at hand (such as the Canon XF100s and external sound recording equipment) in the correct way to ensure the highest quality possible. I also learnt a lot of new techniques in editing with Premiere Pro such as audio gains and colour channels. In the future I'd like to experiment more with these features and possibly learn some more. I also used Photoshop to create my name straps before importing them for use into my project.
In terms of aesthetic quality, there was a specific way I wanted my video to look. I developed this theme through my form and style development, researching more into existing videos that were similar and creating new ideas from them. I particularly like my use of bright colours in the name straps and overlays to my video. I feel that they fit in will with the World Book Day theme, but with a slightly different twist. I also adjusted the colour levels in my clips to make them slightly brighter. I think that this helped to contribute to my bright, happy theme. I also used some uptempo ukulele music underneath my video to add a real cheery vibe. If I had more time to edit this project, I would experiment more into Adobe after effects and try to animate some overlays to add a more creative flair.
I feel that my video achieved the aims I was hoping it would. When beginning this project, I set out to create a short 3 minute video for City Academy, highlighting World Book Day as a cause to celebrate and raise awareness of within secondary schools across Norfolk. Through loads of research, strategic planning and shooting, I feel that I managed to bring everything together well. I feel that I worked together well together with my client and production team to create an end product to be proud of. I am very thankful for all the help I was given, and that I was given the opportunity to complete such a fun and exciting project with a such a professional experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment