Friday, 17 April 2015

Editing Update

Today I completed some changes to the editing as suggested in my First Edit post.

I also learnt a few handy tips and tricks from my lecturers about using Premiere Pro that I utilised whilst completing these changes.

Adobe Premiere Pro Sound Levels
Sound Levels


  • Dialogue should reach around -3 on the sound level.
  • Music should reach around -6 on the sound level.

These levels are guidelines of industry standard. I used this advice to accordingly adjust the levels throughout my video.














Jump Cuts
  • To avoid abrupt start/endings, the use of underlapping clips is very effective.
  • The use of dissolve transitions over jump cuts, or even overlaying GV shots over the top could improve the visuals and sound.
I used this advice and improved some of my shots and jump cuts throughout my video.


Interlaced Video


  • To avoid feathering on movement during exporting, its always best to change the field type to progressive during export.
My first export was very interlaced, so after hearing this advice I changed the field type to progressive before exporting for a second time.






Channel Mixing

To attempt to brighten up some of my clips, I could use the channel mixer to adjust the colour settings.







Edit Timeline

Here is my how my edit timeline looks currently. Since my last update I have labelled all of the clips that needed boosting with a cyan colour. As you can see, I have added some effects and sound boosts to all of the cyan clips. I completed this by adjusting the audio gain by 9dB, as it was only peaking at around -21.




No comments:

Post a Comment