On 5th March 2015, it was World Book Day. I was invited along to the school that day to complete some more filming for my documentary edit.
A majority of filming that day was purely spontaneous shots of students taking part in activities that staff had arranged for the day. These included shots of students in their costumes of book characters explaining who they were, shots of them having fun and reading. These shots can be used both as feature shots and overlaying interview aids. I really liked the spontaneity of these short shots. Happiness is a theme my client and I would like the final edit to have - I feel that the natural positive vibe from the students in these personal hand held shots will really contribute to this in the edit.
I also filmed the assembly in which the first edited video was played to all the students and staff for the first time. Due to the sheer amount of people in the atrium, it was fairly difficult to film this. I had to hand hold the camera as a tripod would have obstructed the view of the audience members. This lead to a slightly shaky disposition becoming clear in the shot. This is unfortunate, but is only a small issue that can be successfully sorted in the editing process later on.
No comments:
Post a Comment