The intended audience for my final video will be a range of people from various backgrounds, with varying interests and ages.
The age range of my audience is mostly from 11-16 years old. When creating my video, I hope to construct a suitable theme and execute my video's message in a way that would target this age range most. World Book Day is an event that affects mostly children of schooling age.
My client is itself a high school, so I feel that the audience will mostly be of their students and other secondary school students across the country. The video could also outreach to the parents of these students and members of the community who would access the video via the school website / Youtube once it's distributed. The video could also be used as a teaching resource for teachers to accumulate ideas for their own school.
In terms of interests, my audience will be mostly interested in activities such as reading, literacy and creative writing. Young people around my target age range will also have a vast interest in technology; which is something else I'd like to incorporate into my video in some way.
In terms of demographics, the audience I'm hoping to target are typically C2DE. (skilled working class, working class and non working.) These are the typical range of people who would attend a public school and live the average working class lifestyle within the UK.
Creating a video for an established cause with an already fine-tuned target audience means that my audience is already picked out for me. However, I can find out more about my audience's opinions and thoughts on the topic through qualitative research. I can then fine tune a survey or another method of collection to determine how my audience will react to the video and their specific interests.
No comments:
Post a Comment